A City of Progress, Pride and Possibilities.
The St. Francis Police Department made an arrest in the assault of a juvenile that was reported to have occurred on Friday, June 17. The individual arrested has initially been charged with 5th Degree Assault. The matter has been referred to the Anoka County Attorney’s Office and the City Attorney’s Office for review of potential additional charges. The police department is continuing its investigation into others who may have been involved or witnessed the attack.
Sanitary sewer installation has along Rum River Boulevard has been completed as crews are now in the intersection of Bridge Street and Rum River Drive. Water system repairs and hydrant relocations at various locations along Bridge Street have also been completed this past week. Storm sewer installation on Kerry Street has begun and will continue through the upcoming week. Sanitary sewer installation in both directions along Bridge Street and water main installation on Poppy Street is scheduled for the upcoming week. Dirt crews are expected to complete the temporary roadway between Rum River Boulevard and Lake George Boulevard (CSAH 9) during the week of June 27th. Traffic is tentatively scheduled to be placed on this portion of roadway on Wednesday, June 29th, which will end the Bridge Street closure and normal east/west traffic will resume.
- Anoka County Weekly Construction Update Link – http://www.anokacounty.us/1578/Construction-Weekly
- The contractor will be installing sanitary in the intersection of Bridge Street and Rum River Boulevard at the end of this week.
- Next week, sanitary sewer will continue to the west of Rum River Boulevard and the watermain work on Poppy Street will be completed.
- Bridge Street is scheduled to be open to traffic in the middle of the week, this will be on the bypass road that is being constructed.
In conjunction with the CSAH 24 (Bridge Street) Improvements Project, crews will be repairing portions of the city water system. This work is expected to begin the week of June 20, 2016. Water main work will include adding isolation valves, repairing isolation valves, replacing fire hydrants, replacing water main on Poppy Street and extending water main down Lake George Blvd.
- Water services may be interrupted due to the scope of these water system improvements. Notice will be given prior to any interruption of service.
- Temporary water services may be used to supply homes and businesses with water. This process will be coordinated with each property owner.
- You may experience a reduction of water pressure at your home or business. Please note this is only temporary and your water pressure will resume to normal.
Please continue to check the City web site for what areas will be affected. Thank you for patience with this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Randy Kirschman (Project Manager) – 763-486-8529
Todd Riser (Project Foreman) – 320-980-0778
Mayor – Two Year Term
Steven Feldman and Jerry Tveit will be on the general election ballot November 8, 2016.
Two Council Members – Four Year Terms
St. Francis Council Member seats will be on the primary election ballot August 9, 2016 due to the number that filed.
Robert Bauer, Tim Brown, Joseph Muelbauer, Dan Norenberg, Richard Orpen and Cory Shockman.